- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 a large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with their juice
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 ounces orzo
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups chopped kale or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef and onions to the pan and cook until the beef is browned and the onions have softened.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, water, orzo and seasoning.
- Mix everything together, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the orzo is fully cooked.
- Stir in the chopped kale/spinach until wilted.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese and serve.